|Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee of Wrington Parish Council held in the John Locke room on Tuesday, 10th January, 2006
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 18.00 hours.
Declaration of Interests - None on the known agenda items.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 20th December 2005 were adopted with one amendment. The reference to the Parish Tree Officer in relation to application 05/P/2983/WT was amended to read Parish Tree Warden.
i. 05/P/2622/WT - The Old Rectory. The Tree Officer’s report had been obtained and the Recommendations were read to the meeting. The Chairman has asked NSC to advise why the report indicates that no comment had been received from the Parish Council.
ii. 05/P/2669/PAI - BIA. Details of the regulations relating to permitted development on the airport site have been passed to Cllrs. Bigg & Matthews, as requested.
iii. 05/P/2622/WT - The Glebe. The Tree Officer will ensure that the applicant/ contractor is asked to liaise with the Parish Tree Warden.
iv. Signs - The Chairman advised that enquiries are in hand with both Alvis Bros. and the Walled Garden.
Public Participation - None
For planning applications and comments see attached sheet.
1) Following on from discussion about the Glebe tree works application, it was agreed that a list should be drawn up of all open ground in the village so that ownership can be established. The Chairman is to prepare an initial list.
2) Cllr. Bigg reported on her attendance at an NSC presentation/workshop concerning the new Local Development Scheme and, particularly, the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) consultation, with a written/email report to follow. The Chairman asked councillors to bear in mind the 27th January response date and to bring any comments to the January PC meeting.
3) Councillors were reminded about the ongoing Enforcement Policy consultation and the draft response recently circulated. The target for internal comments is also the PC meeting, 20th January, with the consultation closing at the end of the month.
4) BIA - RLP. As previously advised, a copy of the Inspector’s part-report on BIA issues had been received and was offered to councillors for reading. Circulation; Cllrs. Matthews, Phillips, Clements, then to the Clerk for filing.
5) Cambridge Cottage (New Image), 05/P/2695/F. The Chairman reported on issues raised by the applicant’s agent and advised that, in response to an approach from residents, counter arguments had been presented to the Planning Officer concerned. Also, Cllr. Yamanaka advised that she has asked that the application be referred to the Area Committee for decision should the Officer be considering approval. In that event, the application is likely to be discussed at the February Committee meeting. Any Wrington representation will be agreed at the next Planning meeting.
6) Bennetts. Cllr. Yamanaka commented on concerns raised by residents about the stone and capping used in construction of the new wall, 04/P/0261/F. Negative comments have also been received by other councillors. The Chairman will review the background and report to the next meeting.
7) Tall Pines Golf Club. Cllr Matthews asked for clarification of the points raised when the roadside sign was considered, 05/P/2597/ADV, 29th November. The Clerk to request that NSC advises on issues relating to the advertised ‘Motel’, particularly the validity of any use for accommodation.
8) Airport Parking sign, A38, Redhill. It was reported that a large sign has appeared on the roadside, just to the north of the Darlington and advertising airport parking. The Clerk to advise Enforcement of both the sign and any parking evident.
9) Wrington Warren, 05/P/1475/F. This retrospective application for airport related parking was refused by NSC’s South Area Committee and, later, the P&R Committee. The operator has now appealed against NSC’s decision and written arguments from both parties will be considered by an Inspector. If felt necessary, the Council can submit additional comments by 27th January. Previous comments will be forwarded to the Inspectorate. Please advise the Chairman if further action is required, by 20th January please.
Mr. D W Glynn