|Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee of Wrington Parish Council held in the John Locke room on Tuesday, 18th October, 2005
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 18.00 hours.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 27th September were adopted without amendment.
Cllr. Bigg will follow up that matter of obtaining a map showing the operational area for BIA.
2 members of the public were in attendance.
Particular reference made to:-
1) Retrospective application of change of use from agricultural land to airport car parking at Wrington Warren. The Chairman indicated that it was only being referred to the South Area Committee due to the Cllr. Cook of Central Area Committee being asked to refer the matter.
2) Highways small works programme. Included in this paper is reference to the speed limit reduction scheme for West Hay. It is inferred that the Police will not support and the Chairman suggested that this should be pursued through Cllr. Yamanaka by seeking the support of Cllr. Burden.
3) Planning appeal decisions. The Clerk made comment that the appeal against the refusal for change of use from kennels and workshop to provide a new dwelling at land adjacent to 3 Church View, Felton was due to be heard on 8th November. The Chairman mentioned that the appeal relating to Hailstones Farm and change of use from agricultural land to use as a car parking facility for users of BIA was set for 11th November.
4) The Clerk mentioned all the Enforcement actions being taken by NSC on various locations throughout the Parish.
For planning applications and comments see attached sheet.
2) Local Works- Campaign for the Sustainable Communities Bill. Mention made of a public meeting to be held on Friday 11th November.
3) Cllr. Bigg raised the issue of illegal airport car parking and in particular the manner in which NSC was currently handling matters through Enforcement and Stop Notices. From the CPRE details of an “apprehended injunction” have been obtained and this could be particularly relevant following the recent sale of c4 acres of land for £104k at Redhill. Cllr. Bigg recommended to the Meeting that the Parish Council should be asking more direct questions of NSC. Also questions should be raised about the current illegal use of Gatcombe Farm for airport car parking and what action is being taken.
There being no other business the meeting was declared closed at 19.25 hours.
Mr. D W Glynn