|Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee of Wrington Parish Council held in the John Locke Room on Tuesday 29 October 2013
Present: Mr B Taylor (Chairman) Mr D Glynn Mrs P Ledbury Mr P Robinson Mr J Rawlins Mrs D Yamanaka (part)
Ms J Bishop (Assistant Clerk)
1 Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Cllr Howells and Cllr Bigg.
2 Declarations of Interest
Cllr Robinson declared a personal interest in relation to applications 13/P/1849/WT (7 The Cottages, Station Road, Wrington BS40 5LH) and 13/P/1855/WT (6 The Cottages, Station Road, Wrington BS40 5LH) as he knows the applicant and her family.
3 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present.
4 Minutes of the previous meeting
The Minutes of the meeting held 8 October 2013 were reviewed. It was agreed to add ‘It was reported the police had visited Le Moignes re the badger sett and reported back no problem (verbally)’ to Agenda item 4 (bullet point 2). The Minutes were then adopted as a true record.
There were no matters arising.
5 NSC Central Area Planning Committee
There were no minutes or papers to be reviewed.
6 Decision Notices issued by NSC
A list of Decision Notices had been circulated prior to the meeting and these were noted. In summary:-
· 13/P/1497/F and 13/P/1499/LB - 2 Haydens, High Street, Wrington BS40 5QD Approved.
· 13/P/1721/WT - 4 Lawders Orchard, Wrington, BS40 5PD Approved.
· 13/P/1749/WT - Le Moignes, High Street, Wrington, BS40 5QD Withdrawn by applicant.
· 13/P/1769/NMA - Bristol Airport, North Side Road, Felton, Wrington, BS48 3DY Withdrawn by applicant.
It was also reported that 13/P/1560/F (Windover, Butcombe, Bristol, BS40 7XQ) had been refused although the Decision Notice from NSC had not yet been received.
7 Planning Applications
A list of planning applications had been circulated prior to the meeting.
Application 13/P/1834/CUPA - Wrington Greens, Nates Lane, Wrington, BS40 5RS
After discussion it was agreed to object to the proposed change of use for the following reasons:-
· It was felt the proposed usage classes (A1, A2, B1 and B8) quoted were too wide ranging, making a reasoned comment, about what was intended, difficult.
· The building, as it currently stands, is not suitable for some of the proposed uses and would not meet building regulations or comply with the Offices, Shops and Railways Premises Act.
· Furthermore, the proposed change of use raises issues relating to waste and sewage disposal, provision of services and car parking facilities. All of which are very limited on the current site.
· Potential for traffic hazard Nates Lane is extremely narrow with no easy access. There has also been a history of flooding in the lane. NSC’s Highways Officer has already described the lane and traffic conditions as dangerous.
Application 13/P/1849/WT - 7 The Cottages, Station Road, Wrington, BS40 5LH
It was agreed the Council had no comment to make on this application.
Application 13/P/1855/WT - 6 The Cottages, Station Road, Wrington, BS40 5LH
It was agreed to comment that the Council would prefer to see the shape of the tree’s crown retained by appropriate pruning, rather than cutting back in a straight line which would spoil the shape of the tree.
Application 13/P/1940/WT - Priory House, Station Road, Wrington, BS40 5LG
It was agreed that the Council had no objection in principle to these proposed tree works but would like to comment that no evidence for the necessity for the work had been provided.
Application 13/P/1961/TPO - West Hay, West Hay Road, Wrington BS40 5NP
It was agreed the Council had no objection in principle to the proposed tree works, subject to replanting with a similar species being conditioned.
Application 13/P/1970/WT - 8 Old Station Close, Wrington, BS40 5LY
It was agreed the Council had no objection in principle to the proposed tree works, subject to replanting with an appropriate species as proposed by the applicant.
Application 13/P/1979/F - Wrington Chemists, Silver Street, Wrington, BS40 5QE
It was agreed that the Council had no objection in principle to the proposed work but would like assurance that the air conditioning unit will cause no noise nuisance to neighbours.
8 Other Planning Issues
· NSC Consultation on draft Residential Design Guide Section 2 Appearance and character of house extensions and alterations. Deadline for comments Monday 25 November 2013. The Chair requested comments should be sent to him for discussion at the next Meeting (19 November 2013).
· Enforcement Report circulated by NSC 7 October 2013
This was noted. It was agreed to contact NSC for an update.
The Meeting was closed at 7.10pm.