|Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee of Wrington Parish Council
held in the John Locke Room on Tuesday 25 June 2013
Present: Mr D Glynn (Chairman) Mrs G Bigg
Mr P Robinson Mrs L Howells
Mrs D Yamanaka Ms J Bishop (Assistant Clerk)
1 Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Cllr Taylor.
2 Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
3 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present.
4 Minutes of the previous meeting
The Minutes of the meeting held 4 June 2013 were reviewed and adopted as a true record. There were no matters arising.
5 NSC Central Area Planning Committee
There were no minutes or papers to report on.
6 Decision Notices issued by NSC
A list of Decision Notices had been circulated prior to the meeting and these were noted. In summary:-
· 13/P/0659/F - Land at Littlers Plantation, Wrington Hill, Wrington - Approved
· 13/P/0702/LB - No. 1 Haydens, High Street, Wrington, BS40 5QD Approved
The Chairman highlighted notable conditions attached to these Decision Notices. It was also noted that both 13/P/0527/TPO (39 Garstons Close, Wrington,
BS40 5QT) and 13/P/0635/WT (The Willows, Church Walk, Wrington, BS40 5QQ) had also been approved, with the Decision Notices received after the meeting papers had been circulated. There were no further issues raised by the Decision Notices for these two tree works applications.
7 Planning Applications
A list of planning applications had been circulated prior to the meeting.
Application 13/P/0945/F - Field House, Lye Hole Lane, Redhill, BS40 5TB
The Council noted that there had been a previous application for development of this property (12/P/1641/F), to which the Council had not objected, while raising various concerns. However, members felt this new application did not fully address the concerns raised by the previous application. Because of this it was agreed to resubmit the previous comment, stressing the potential visual impact on the surrounding landscape and on views from Mendip Hills AONB. It was further agreed to comment on the statement about the extension not increasing the floor area by more than 50% as the calculation included an external ‘plant room’ and a cellar. If these areas were not included in the calculation the result would be an increase of 54.5%, which might suggest the proposed development is excessive relative to agreed policy.
Application 13/P/0951/F - Land at Goblin Combe Farm, Winters Lane, Redhill, Wrington, BS40 5SW
The Council noted that there had been a previous application for the erection of an agricultural building on this site (12/P/2252/F), to which the Council had objected. Although the new application is for a building which is more fitting in style to the rural location, the Council felt the application did not address some of the concerns raised by the previous application. While not specifically objecting to the proposal, because of this it was agreed to repeat the points made previously in relation to:-
· No details have been provided concerning the internal layout, especially concerning the collection, storage and disposal of effluent.
· No information has been provided on how drainage of surface water from the roof/exterior of the building will be managed so as to minimise the potential for off-site flood risk.
· Car parking the site has been under investigation by NSC Enforcement for unauthorised airport related car parking. Therefore, should the application be approved it should only be on condition that the building is not used for car parking in any form.
· Winters Lane, which is used for access to the site, is currently in an unacceptable condition, with numerous potholes and lying water along its length, and is in need of resurfacing as a priority. This road is considered unsuitable for non-local traffic.
Application 13/P/0956/WT 41 The Glebe, Wrington, BS40 5LX
It was agreed the Council had no objection to the proposed work but would like to recommend that, bearing in mind the time of year, the applicant should be advised to exercise caution in relation to the possibility of birds nesting in the trees, preferably delaying the work until September at the earliest.
Application 13/P/1045/CA The Surgery, Station Road, Wrington, BS40 5NG
Members also agreed to consider application 13/P/1045/CA (demolition of existing redundant surgery building and removal of associated hard landscaping), which had been registered by NSC with the details posted on NSC’s website after the meeting papers had been circulated. It was agreed:-
· That the Council would Object to the application with Cllr Glynn to draft an appropriate submission for approval at the next Planning Committee Meeting (16 July 2013).
· To advise Development Management that an Objection would be forthcoming.
· To review the process related to the recently refused Community Right to Bid application and the proposal that the building should be registered as an Asset of Community Value and to raise this at a future Parish Voice session.
· That Cllr Yamanaka would refer the application for consideration by NSC’s Central Area Committee.
8 Other Planning Issues
· North Somerset Council Renewable and Low Carbon Energy Generation Supplementary Planning Document. Comments required by 12 July 2103.
Cllr Glynn urged members to examine the documents on NSC’s website and to offer any comments by 8 July 2013. It was agreed that Cllr Glynn would then draft a response for submission to NSC as the deadline is before the next Planning Committee Meeting (16 July 2013).
· Appeal 13/2197195, against NSC’s refusal of application 12/P/1654/F for the change of use of agricultural land to a solar energy facility on land at Garleys Wood, Downside Road, Backwell, BS48 3DQ, to include 11no. small buildings to house electrical equipment. Comments required by 16 July 2013.
It was agreed to resubmit the Council’s objection to the development together with any appropriate points raised by NSC’s proposed SPD.
· NSC consultation on a proposed Affordable Housing SPD
The Council’s response was noted.
· Update on the proposal to submit a planning application for development at the Bowling Club, Silver Street, Wrington.
It was noted that the Assistant Clerk was to contact NSC to check fees and what information will be needed for submission with the application.
The Meeting was closed at 7.05pm.