|1 Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Cllr Howells.
2 Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest on known agenda items.
3 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present.
4 Minutes of the previous meeting
The Minutes of the meeting held 13 March 2012 were reviewed and adopted as a true record.
· A Member had requested that the yellow directional signs for Brook Gardens be referred to the NSC Area Officer as one of them is positioned in the Conservation Area
It was reported that Ginny Smith, the NSC Acting Area Officer, was investigating whether permission had been sought and, if it had not, would be looking to have them removed.
· Tree Protection Order for the Oak in the centre of the new development, Lawders Orchard (previously Brook Gardens)
It was reported that this was still outstanding.
5 NSC Central Area Planning Committee
There were no papers to be reviewed as the meeting scheduled for 12 April had been cancelled.
6 Decision Notices issued by NSC
A list of decision notices had been circulated prior to the Meeting and these were noted. In summary:-
· 12/P/0017/TPO - Butts Cottage, 11 Butts Batch, Wrington, BS40 5LN
· 12/P/0074/F - The Spinney, Ladywell, Wrington, BS40 5LT - Approved
It was also noted that 12/P/0218/F (12 Ashford Road, Redhill, Wrington, BS40 5TJ), the Decision Notice for which had been received after the papers had been circulated, had also been approved.
7 Planning Applications
A list of planning applications had been circulated prior to the Meeting.
Application 12/P/0414/F - Winchester House, Broad Street, Wrington,
It was agreed the Council had no comment to make on this application.
Application 12/P/0489/PAI - Bristol Airport, North Side Road, Felton, Bristol, BS48 3DY
It was agreed the Council had no comment to make on this application but would query if the application is in conflict with the 'Certificate of Lawful Use or Development' under which erection of the Western Walkway was formalised (08/P/2149/LDP).
Application 12/P/0490/F - Twin Elm Farm, off Stock Lane, Congresbury, BS49 5JL
As the site is not in the Parish, it was agreed the Council had no comment to make on the detail of this application but Members noted the fact that this is a significant development on a green field site.
8 Other Planning Issues
a. Medcentres, permission 11/P/1141/F Travel Plan
It was agreed that Cllr Glynn would draft a response to NSC on behalf of the Council to include the following points:-
· The Council would like to recommend that NSC requires that WVMP consults all patients in Wrington village and asks the following questions:-
- How do you currently get to the existing surgery?
- What facilities do you have to enable you to get to the new surgery?
- If you are going to experience problems getting to the new surgery, what would you need to be provided with to enable you to get there?
· What existing evidence/data does WVMP currently have?
· What does NSC usually look for in a travel plan to so as to validate the process?
· Make mention of the branch surgery to be maintained in Wrington.
· Reiterate that the Wrington minibus and Helpline do not have the capacity to help with increased journeys.
· Enquire if WVMP would be able to assess the new North Somerset minibus services being financed by Department of Transport.
Furthermore, to consider the NSC Travel Plans Supplementary Planning Document and any implications.
b. NSC Core Strategy Consultation on proposed modifications status
It was noted that the Inspector had recommended that the Core Strategy be adopted and that NSC would consider this at a meeting on 10 April.
c. NSC proposed Emerging Sites & Policies Development Plan Document
If available, Cllr Glynn and Cllr Ledbury to attend the consultation meeting on 25 April at 2.00pm.
d. Pizza takeaway at Buglers, High Street, Wrington
Members discussed the issue of the reported new pizza takeaway at Buglers and correspondence from NSC to Sam Glenn (the owner) suggesting that planning permission for a change of use would not be required. It was noted that Cllr Yamanaka was in contact with NSC on this and would report back to the Council.
The Meeting was closed at 7.15pm.