The Chairman opened the Meeting at 18.00 hours.
Declaration of Members Interests Nil on known agenda matters
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th October were adopted with one amendment- P.1. Brook House 2nd. Para. Final sentence- remove “interested parties” and replace with “parties opposite”.
Matters Arising 1) McCafferty- the Chair visited and explained the background and planning issues relating to the boundary and strip of land and the occupiers have said they will give the matter further consideration.
2) 9 Garstons- it has been noted that the fence around the property does not appear to be in accordance with the drawings submitted with the planning application. The Parish Council is considering what action can be taken. On the issue of fences it was mentioned that others within the Garstons area may not comply with current planning and it was emphasised that it would be for North Somerset Council to decide on what action to take on policy grounds.
Public Participation - Nil
North Somerset Planning Committee Minutes The Chair spoke on the Parish Voice question covering pre-application discussions and sustainability and how the Parish Councils’ can be involved at the preliminary stage.
Cllr. Yamanaka on the subject of Brook House mentioned that the Officers had raised policy issues that had not been fully explained and hence the referral to the NSC Policy and Regulatory Committee with a recommendation to refuse.
Planning Certificates issued by North Somerset Council [see separate table attached] as per pre-meeting list.
For planning applications and comments see attached sheet.
Mention made of an application on the current week’s list relating to the new telecommunications mast at BIA. The application date was the same as the date of a letter received from Needham Haddrell, acting on behalf of Vodaphone/T Mobile, he Parish Council responding to a letter dated 13th October. It was left that the issues would be discussed at the next planning meeting.
The other application on the list relates to some tree work at the United Reform Church and the Chair would like the tree officer’s views before a decision is made.
Other Planning Issues
1) Enforcement Hearing re The Old Forge now set for 23rd November at 10.00 at the Town Hall. No additional comments to be sent as views already well documented.
2) Development Control Workshop- 30th November in the New Council Chamber between 9.30 and 12.30. Agenda now received and a request that any questions be pre-advised if possible.
3) Advice on development contributions. Guidance booklet received.
4) Forestry Commission register- from latest list noticed that at Yeowood Farm plans to plant 25 acres of trees.
5) Iwood Lane- comment made regarding the removal of hedges and filling in of ditches. As this is in Congresbury Parish the Clerk is to take forward with their Clerk.
6) Cladding on 5 Lawrence Road- it was generally felt that no action could be taken.
7) NS Right of Way Improvement Plan Consultation. Document received and comments by 29th December. Cllr. Yamanaka is to let the Clerk have a spare copy. Cllr. Glynn took the initial copy aware to read.
8) Wrington Mini-bus Society- ceremony to receive the new bus on Saturday 4th November at 10.11 at the Plough.
There being no other business the meeting was declared closed at 19.05 hours.
Mr. D W Glynn