|Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee of Wrington Parish Council held in the John Locke room on Tuesday, 14th March, 2006
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 18.00 hours.
Declaration of Members Interests Cllr. Clements declared an interest in the extension of the Village fence for additional land to be included within Havyatt Industrial Estate.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 21st February were adopted without amendment.
1) Planning procedures- the Chairman has yet to meet with NSC although the Manager concerned has agreed to a meeting at which he will explain the internal procedures. Pencilled in for 20th March.
2) The Glebe- works on trees completed. The trees will need to be monitored as at least one will in time grow too large for this location. A point here related to the “open land” issue is that responsibility for any land brings potential liabilities along with it.
3) Five Villages. The Chairman will attend the next meeting. The Clerk reported that the response from NSC to our letter was more of an acknowledgement. The Clerk was requested to write again and ask NSC what their stance is as the minutes of the last 5 Villages meeting implied that North Somerset Council were in agreement with the 5 Villages stance.
4) Havyatt Industrial Estate- Replacement Local Plan. It is thought that the Inspector has not considered all the issues when arriving at his recommendation to extend the village fence to accommodate an additional parcel of land within the Industrial estate. Cllr. Yamanaka is to check the current position from North Somerset Council before any action taken.
5) Highcroft, Winters Lane (gates, horse exercise area and possibly other works) with the NSC Enforcement Team for consideration.
6) Buglers- Conservation Area issues- currently with the NSC Enforcement Team for consideration.
For planning applications and comments see attached sheet.
2) Flight Car Services-Land at Wrington Warren. Appeal withdrawn.
3) Fencing generally- some concerns expressed about the height of fences appearing throughout the Parish. The Chairman will research the subject on planning grounds and report back.
4) Winford Market- change of use to car parking related to BIA. Planning application 06/P/0375/LU. It is known that Winford PC has objected strongly to this application. The Meeting after some debate was divided as to the way forward and it was therefore agreed that no action would be taken.
Mr. D W Glynn