|Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee of Wrington Parish Council held in the John Locke room on Tuesday, 21st February, 2006
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 18.00 hours.
Declaration of Members Interests - None
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 31st January with the amendment under apologies the names of Cllrs. Gallop and Atkins should have been recorded.
1) 05/P/2622/WT- The Old Rectory. The Chairman is to meet with a member of NSC to air views on the planning procedures and in particular the timescale allowed to submit comments.
2) 05/P/2983/WT- work on trees on land at the Glebe. The Parish tree Warden has met with the contractor and a way forward agreed.
3) “Open land”- to be left on the table. Cllr. Bigg has requested a map.
4) Cambridge Cottage application withdrawn.
5) Five Villages Group. The Clerk is in receipt of an e-mail from Graham Found of the Five Villages group offering to meet with the Council to discuss the issues. The letter submitted to NSC has been forwarded by them to the Five Villages Group. The issues raised were directed at NSC and not this group. The Clerk was directed to make NSC aware of this.
6) Havyatt Industrial Estate- the map relating to the amendment to the Replacement Local Plan has not been obtained.
7) Caravans/static homes. The Clerk advised that NSC on this topic admit it to being a grey area. There is no set policy and each case is looked at on its own merits. NSC takes the view that if the caravan/static home is recognised as part of the residential accommodation then no planning permission required but if it is for an ancillary use, i.e. holiday let, then planning permission is required.
Public Participation - none
North Somerset Planning Committee Minutes The Clerk commented on the Minutes of the South Area Committee dated 18th January.
For planning applications and comments see attached sheet.
1) Highcroft, Winters Lane- a query from a resident about the type of development being carried out has been referred to the Enforcement Team at NSC.
2) Buglers, High Street- new external shelves extending into the road forcing cars to park further out into the road. To be covered under Highways at the full Council Meeting.
There being no other business the meeting was declared closed at 19.30 hours.
Mr. D W Glynn