|Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee of Wrington Parish Council held in the John Locke room on Tuesday, 31st January, 2006
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 18.00 hours.
Declaration of Members Interests - None
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th January 2006 were adopted with the amendment against Cllr. Bigg to the effect that she left the Meeting at 19.00 hours.
1) Application 05/P/2622/WT, The Old Rectory. The Chairman was still seeking clarification from NSC as to why they made the remark that no comments received from the Parish Council.
2) Application 05/P/2983/WT, land at the Glebe. Comment made on the note appended to the certificate in relation of works to be carried out to trees that NSC has asked that the contractor contact the Parish Council’s tree Warden prior to work commencing, although this was not a condition of sanction.
3) The Chairman had issued a list of “open land” and it was agreed that a map should be obtained with a view to highlighting the land with a view to establishing ownership. If ownership cannot be established then the Council could maintain under “Acts of ownership for 12 years” ensuring that proper records maintained. Cllr. Bigg will look into obtaining a map.
4) Enforcement Policy/Statement of Community Involvement. A general comment made that NSC is compelled as a matter of course to consult.
5) Application 05/P/2695/F, Cambridge Cottage. Nothing heard on the way forward and if necessary Cllr. Bigg will speak on behalf of the Council.
6) New retaining wall in the High Street (Bennetts). NSC is looking into whether the conditions attached to the planning for this were adhered to.
7) Tall Pines Golf Club- the large advertising sign has been removed.
8) Hillside Cottage, A38 Bridgwater Road, sign advertising airport car parking. Clerk to advise Enforcement team at NSC.
9) Wrington Warren- car parking. It was agreed that the Council should confirm its objection to this planning appeal.
North Somerset Planning Committee Minutes The Clerk covered matters arising from the South Area Committee Minutes of 16th November. Particular interest was paid regarding the Airport Car Parking issues and it was agreed that the Clerk should make specific comment on this in the Wrington Journal report. Cllr. Yamanaka will ask NSC to provide some basic data.
For planning applications and comments see attached sheet.
1) Cllr. Glynn has submitted a paper pre-meeting of a “Five Villages” Meeting held at Banwell Village Hall on 24th January concerning traffic issues and updating key areas of the Inspector’s Report following the 2nd Deposit of the Local Plan for North Somerset. Cllr. Matthews wished to respond to the paper objecting to the proposed traffic routes mooted and will draft a statement. This to be sent to the Executive Member for Strategic Planning of NSC and the Assistant Director of Strategic Planning at NSC.
2) Havyaat Industrial Estate- an extract had been taken from the Inspector’s report indicating that this land has been reserved for employment purposes and that the Village fence is redrawn around it. Cllr. Glynn will get a map for the next meeting alternatively it can be looked up on the North Somerset Council website.
3) Stoneleigh, Downside Road. It was agreed that no response to the appeal against NSC decision to turn down change of use was to be made.
4) Planning applications. At a recent meeting with NSC it was mentioned that 3 Parish Council were now taking plans direct from IDOX.
5) Green Garden Waste Service- will not be available to all particularly those in remote rural areas or “dangerous access” areas.
There being no other business the meeting was declared closed at 19.15 hours.