|1. To receive apologies from Members for non-attendance:
No apologies were received.
2. To receive Members’ declarations of interests on known agenda matters and any amendments to the register of interests
There were no known declarations of interest.
3. To confirm and sign as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held 14 December 2012
The minutes were reviewed and signed as a correct record.
4. Public Participation
There were no members of the Public present
5. To receive a report from the Police representative
No police representative was present. Sergeant Jonathan Simons had sent an email report on crimes from 1st December 2011 to 16th January 2012. It was reported that PCSO Mayo was still on sick leave following an injury and the name of the Officer to replace PC Tacchi should be confirmed soon.
6. To note items of correspondence received and requiring action:
· Administration Briefing from NALC requesting names of Chairmen recommended for invitation to the Buckingham Palace garden party on 22nd May, 2012.
Resolved: To nominate Echo Irving to attend in recognition of her role as past Chairwoman and long service. Clerk to check her availability.
· Email from The Trop (WSM) Ltd regarding their intention to develop the Tropicana, Weston-Super-Mare and to gather any opinions on this.
Resolved: To write in support of the proposal.
· Letter from Somerset Age UK requesting the Council to make a grant to their organisation.
Resolved: To be considered by the Finance group and Council following agreement on a Council grant policy.
· Email from Nick Finch regarding dog-fouling problems on the Recreation Field.
Resolved: To contact Environment Protection, NSC, once again to request that a Dog Warden visits the Recreation Field early one morning to monitor the problem.
· Notice of Hearing on 24th January relating to the application for premises licence by Wrington Sports and Social Club Ltd.
Cllr Glynn updated Members on the current situation.
Resolved: Cllr Glynn to attend the hearing on the 24th of January and to speak on behalf of the Council where considered necessary.
· Letter from Ken Stott, Secretary of the Management Committee of Wrington Sports and Social Club Ltd regarding their proposed licence application. Noted.
7. To note other items of correspondence received:
· Letter of thanks from the Wrington Dickensian Christmas Fair organising committee and a presentation of costs associated with the Christmas tree to be paid by the Council (as previously agreed). Noted.
· Email of thanks from the North Somerset Citizens Advice Bureau for the Council’s donation of £250. Noted.
Resolved: To promote the CAB North Somerset session times held at Yatton Library in the village through the notice board and Wrington website.
· Email from Steve Shaw, National Co-ordinator of Local Works promoting the Sustainable Communities Act regarding the proposal submitted under the Sustainable Communities Act by Leiston-cum-Sizewell Town Council and the Suffolk Association of Local Councils. Noted
· Report on Hinckley C developments and related overhead power line proposals from Peter Gregory, Mark Parish council and Town Council representative. Noted.
· Library Service review, NSC. Noted.
· Report on North Somerset Council Review of Member’s Allowances. Noted.
· Invitation from North Somerset Council to tour the Castlewood offices in February. Noted.
· Review of Supported Bus services 2011 consultation report. Noted.
· NSC Standards Committee meeting papers, including a report on the Localism Bill and the implications for Parish Councils. Noted.
8. To receive the Clerk’s Report and consider any matters arising (copies circulated)
This was received and noted.
9. To receive the Finance Report, including payments recommended for approval, bank reconciliation, and receipts and payments report for the previous month.
Copies of the reports provided separately.
Approval for the following payments was sought:
Memorial Hall Grant 4th quarter 2011/12 £3,000.00
Littlethorpe of Leicester Ltd glazing for Broad Street bus shelter £660.00
SEC street lighting maintenance, 3rd quarter 2011/12 £766.19
Fountains Dog Bins, November £72.00
Portrayal photocopier, September to December £5.75
Avon Youth Association visits of AYA Youth Outreach Bus
20 sessions for July to December £2,000.00
Wrington Dickensian Christmas Fair contribution towards Christmas Tree and associated electrical works for Christmas Fair 2011 £140.80
Tom Vowles village orderly wages for January £104.00
Scott Arrowsmith village orderly wages for January £108.00
Clerk’s salary January to be calculated
Assistant Clerk’s salary January to be calculated
Assistant Clerk reimbursement for purchases made:- stamps (£24.00), post-its (£3.96) and 2012 office diary (£6.99) £34.95
HMRC Income Tax and National Insurance, 3rd quarter 2011/12 £304.21
Cllr Rawlins proposed approval of the payments and Cllr Robinson seconded the motion. All in favour.
Resolved: To grant approval for the payments.
10. To formally adopt the 2012-13 budget and precept. The budget proposed for the next year is £80,970 and the precept £80,860, an increase of 1.9% from 2011/12. As discussed and agreed in principle at the meeting held on the 14th December, 2011.
Cllr Robinson proposed approval of the precept set at £80,860, Cllr Taylor seconded the motion. All in favour.
Resolved: To formally adopt the 2012-13 budget and precept
11. To receive and consider reports from;
a.District Councillor, Cllr Yamanaka. This was received.
b.NE Ward report, Cllr Turton. This was received.
c.WVMP, Cllr Robinson. This was received.
Resolved: To reflect Cllr Robinson’s comments concerning the collection of signatures of those patients considering moving to another practice when the Wrington surgery closes in a response to the email received from Jose Tarnowski, and requesting her views on Cllr Yamanaka’s report on the meeting between the PC and the WVMP. The Council would like confirmation from the Practice of its commitment to the branch surgery.
d. Sports & Social Club, Cllr Howells. No meeting had taken place this month.
e. Twinning Association, Cllr Rawlins. This was received.
12. To receive and consider reports from Working Groups:
a. Finance, Cllr Rawlins. This was received.
b. Environment, Cllr Bigg. There had been no meeting this month.
c. Highways, Cllr Ledbury. This was received.
13. To consider and approve the following recommendations from Working Groups:
a. To request two further quotes for the cyber room refurbishment following an assessment of the quote provided by A. Tobias of £6,170.
Resolved: Clerk to obtain two further quotes.
b. To approve the recommendation to renew the street-lighting power supply contract with Haven Power at 10.59p/kwh for the period May 2012 to May 2013, this being the most competitive price available.
Resolved: To approve the renewal contract with Haven Power.
c. To approve the proposed Council policy on grit bin provision.
Resolved: To approve the policy.
14. To consider proposals submitted for an extension to the skate park and to agree on how to take this forward.
Members discussed the three scheme options proposed for the proposed extension (circulated previously). Some Members had reservations about the potential impact of the concrete structure on the Recreation Field and the extent of the funding required, with an initial estimate of £60,000.
Resolved: To consult with the Memorial Hall and Recreation Committee through its next meeting. Cllr Howells to have an informal, non-binding meeting with Wheelscape, the Chair and the group of boys involved in the project.
Cllr Glynn to visit other local concrete skate parks in order to assess visual impact and suitability etc.
15. To consider the following consultations:
· Proposed fair access protocol for North Somerset Schools
Resolved: Clerk to send out the link to Cllrs with any comments to be circulated by email.
· Consultation on school admission arrangements for 2013-14
Resolved: Clerk to send out the link to Cllrs, with any comments to be circulated by email.
16. Memorial Hall to consider requests to serve alcohol, as follows:
Wrington Bowling club has requested permission to sell alcohol at the Memorial Hall on 28th January, 2012
Resolved: To grant permission.
17. Items raised by Members for information and for possible consideration at the next meeting to be held Wednesday, 15 February 2012.
· Solar Panels on the Memorial Hall
· Annual Parish meeting
· Annual newsletter
There being no other business the meeting was closed at 9.55pm